RE: [CH] A source

Kath Hodgson (kath@kandk.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 09:20:18 +0100

Hi Andrew,

It's also (ocasionally) possible to get habeneros, Scotch bonnets,
bird's eyes and poblanos in large Sainsbury's stores. Badgering so far
has not got them into my local store (due to 'insufficient' demand) but
I've not given up yet !

Kath Hodgson

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Healy [mailto:A.Healy@surrey.ac.uk]
Sent: Friday, June 12, 1998 1:50 PM
To: Chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: [CH] A source

For those of us in the UK, chiles are not normally found in the variety
enjoyed in the States.  However, a good source has just (?) started up.
My
local Tesco supermarket has just started to stock a range of types-
Scotch
Bonnet, Bird's Eye and variosly coloured (habanero ?) peppers.  While
this
is a local store, I suppose that they would sell nationwide, as they are
big group.  You may even be able to persuade them to sell them loose, if
you badger them enough [their 'utility' six packs are a little wincy],
but
this does take patience.
	While Indian, Jamaican or Chinese stores are better for variety
[and The
Cool Chile Company (sorry, no website)] are better for choice, Tesco's
does
have the advantage of convenience.

					Andrew Healy