Re:[CH] Anaheim Chile Problem

Senor Chile Monger (supervisor@scudder.sbceo.k12.ca.us)
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 07:52:32 -0700

Greg Jensen wrote:

>The problem is that the leaves are curling badly and there are black
>streaks on the undersides.

I would be inclined to think a bug problem persists.  If you gently rub one
of the black streaks and it smears it is bug smut or honeydew or whatever,
it is evidence of bugs.  The curling leaves would seem to indicate scarring
from bug damage, also.  If the black streaks don't smear it would indicate
something in the vascular system of the plant.  The site
<http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/selectnewpest.peppers.html> is quite
informative as far as pests and diseases goes.

Here on the Central Coast of California it is a bad year for bugs.  I am
still doing battle with spider mites and whiteflies, but help is on the way.
A package of lacewing larvae and ladybugs should be here Tuesday.  I only
wish I had camera equipment adequate to film the mayhem >8->!  Good luck, Greg!

In Chiles,

Doug