Re: [CH] DO NOT use the soap and listerine bug spray!!

William Bartholomew (lin@cyberstation.net)
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 09:32:05 -0500

Subject: Re: [CH] DO NOT use the soap and listerine bug spray!!

>Yes - this happened to me to.  Andre's Listerine spray not only caused
>my leaves to turn yellow; it outright killed seven plants I had been
>overwintering.

My wife and I have been fans of Jerry Baker for years (he used to have a
show on PBS).  He also recommends mixtures of soap and listerine along with
many other common home ingredients.  We use these all the time on the
peppers and everywhere else in the yard with great results.  You might want
to also try a few teaspoons of peppermint extract in a 6 gallon sprayer,
I've found it gets a few of the critters the listerine doesn't.

William L. Bartholomew