Re: [CH] DO NOT use the soap and listerine bug spray!!

Che Wong (che.wong@tempe.vlsi.com)
Mon, 06 Jul 1998 07:38:48 -0700

A 1/4 cup of soap seems quite a bit for a quart of water. I would have used
1/4 to 1/2 Tablespoon of soap to a quart of water. The pupose of the soap is
to dissolve/wash away the waxy coating on aphids and other similar bugs so
that they rapidly lose their internal moisture and dehydrate.

You may try washing off the plants with clean water in hopes of getting
the plants back. Keep them out of direct sun as much as possible. Do
not fertilize the plant. Hopefully, new leaves will develope and if you
are in a warm climate area, you may get a winter harvest.

You have my condolences.

--
Che Wong
che.wong@tempe.vlsi.com