RE: [CH] OFF: collectible print numbering

Bloechl, Sharen Rund (sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com)
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 07:08:28 -0700

You don't say anything about the content of your print, e.g., subject
matter, but

The proper format  is as you showed below, e.g., 1/500,  which means that
you made up 500 prints [only] for sale as numbered prints, the last being
500/500 - this does not include Artists proofs, printer proofs [similar to
artist proofs] and/or dealer proofs - Artists and printers proofs are
usually a smaller amount and sold for more money; dealer proofs are usually
given to the dealers who display your prints - they are NOT for sale, merely
display

Also, if you're going to number them, you should also sign them

If there is a "known" subject in them such as a race car driver, or a famous
car, it's a money/people draw if you have them sign it also, either the
whole lot or a smaller amount of them (here again, the price will differ
between the two)

Bottom line - N/nnn - means this is a limited print and no more will be
available after the last one has sold

Sharen Rund Bloechl

Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Sunnyvale Data Center
 <mailto:sharen.rund_bloechl@lmco.com> sharen.rund_bloechl@lmco.com
Phone: 408-756-5432
[or]                                Fax:   408-756-0912
 <mailto:srund@svl.ems.lmco.com> srund@svl.ems.lmco.com              LMnet:
8-326-5432
Pager: 408-539-5146  web:
<http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi>
http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi
[or] Operator Assist:  1-800-725-5079, pin 408-539-5146