Re: [CH] Say whaaaa?

edmiston@wardpress.com
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 13:07:20 -0500

Gary Allen wrote:

> >Not to dis Kiri (well, yes, to dis Kiri) but she's no >Alicia de la Rocha,
> >or however you spell it.
>
> Let's see now -- Kiri Te Kanawa is a youngish (at least by my standards)
> soprano from New Zealand and Alicia de Larrocha is a "mature" pianist from
> Spain.

You know what? You are absolutely right! I meant Victoria de los
Angeles. D'oh! I knew there was a de la/de los in there somewhere.

It was late and I've been working too hard. A good recipe for keeping
one's mouth shut, I agree. Mucho apologies, but Kiri is one of those
artists who, not unlike Alanis (sp?) Morrisette, makes me want to yell
"Shad-DUP already!" Knee-jerk reaction kind of thing.

Stuffing my nostils with habs in remorse...