re: [CH] label descriptions

Charles Demas (demas@tiac.net)
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 11:45:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 18 Jul 1998, The Old Bear wrote:

> In Chile-Heads Digest, v.4 #492, Renae wrote:
>
> >I haven't heard mention of Iguana sauces much on the list, ...<snip>
>
> These folks have a nice web site, complete with recipes for their
> various sauces at:

I like their Iguanna "Pretty Damn Hot" sauce, but I also like their
Tamarindo Bay Steak Sauce (not hot) which has a tamarind taste like
Worcestershire sauce.  I noticed that they have a hotter sauce,
"Radioactive ..." or something like that, which is supposedly 50% hotter,
yet not an extract sauce.

They also have some bigger (25.5 ounce) bottles, most are $10, but the
Radioactive was $12.  This is better than the $3.50 ($4.50 Radioactive)
for the 5 oz. bottles, but they still get you for shipping, big time.
Shipping starts at $10 or so, and goes up from there.

I really hate those shipping charges.

At the Boston hotluck I met Stef, who owns/runs Turtle Dreams, and his
place uses UPS shipping, and doesn't seem to gouge one on shipping as
badly, they seem to start at $5.00 or so.  He carries some of the Half
Moon Bay products, and probably would get anything the carry.  Just an
educated guess from our conversations.

      http://www.turtledreams.com

Disclaimer:  I have no connection to Turtle Dreams and Stef other than
having met him at the Boston Hotluck and on the Internet.  I have no
financial interest in the Turtle Dreams, but I did like Stef, and the
ihatsauce pinwheels he brought to the hotluck.  :-)

Personally, I normally get these things at a more local place, Homsey's in
Westwood Mass. (in the Lambert's Rainbow Fruit Plaza on Rt 1 South), but
they don't carry the big bottles.  I don't really recall the prices, but
they weren't excessive (I'm too cheap to pay an excessive amount), or
really cheap either (I would have remembered/stocked up).

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas