Re: [CH] Online vows [etc.]

Jesse Guadiana (jguad1@mer.cioe.com)
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 22:40:41 -0500

Greetings CHers,

Keep up the banter. For those digest-mode folks who prefer to read LESS
knuckle dragging prose 'n' poetry, the alternative to the DELETE key is
the PAGE DOWN key. One should do for right now . . .

> Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:53:03 -0400
> From: Alex Silbajoris <72163.1353@compuserve.com>
> Subject: [CH] Online vows
>
> Rael scribed:
>
> >Regardless, 'twas fun...Judy is quite a good sport and I'm
> >quite sure we could play Salsa Twister for weeks until she
> >got tired of my strangeness...or Rael
> >became comatose from too much damned fun :)
>
> Awww, speaking in the past tense already?  Darn, I think you two should go
> ahead and have a virtual marriage!  We need a set of Chile-Head vows.  "Do
> you promise to take ______ as your spouse, through thick and chunky,
> through stems and seeds..."  And we all would gasp at the line  "With this
> ring, I thee wed."

...with this RING OF FIRE I thee wed, maybe?     OW. =^]

And now for something completely knuckle-drag-free, in the garden...

Condolences to -y'all- down south for the oppressive heat and what it's
doing to your gardens.  The heat (and lack-of-rain) on loan from y'all
to us here in El Norte (NW Indiana, near Chicago) is treating the chiles
OK;  but the cherry tomatoes are growing like a proverbial weed. The
biggest of my cherry tom plants must've grown from four feet to five
feet tall in the last week. Plenty o' blossoms and fruit starting up,
too. Temps have been about 85F/30C high, 65-70F/20C low. Nothin' but
compost and Lake Michigan water for these things with a lil' grass
thatch for mulch; so far so good.

Chile question:
The so-called-on-the-plastic-dipstick "chili red" chiles are reddening
up enough to stir up jealousy from a Ferrari -and- a Porsche... They
look like something between a serrano and chile de arbol.  I'm planning
on picking e'm all red 'n' ripe. Are these better picked green? Any
opinions?  Gracias in advance.

Hasta la lista,
Jesse G.
CH1200 in NW Indiana - jguad1@mer.cioe.com