Fwd: [CH] Vietnamese Chile Garlic Sauce

LQQKn4Tin@aol.com
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 00:33:20 EDT

--part0_901600400_boundary

I am looking for input on a friends web page for his hobby of hot sauces.  I
have been searching and surfing looking at all the different hot sauce pages.
I am not into hot sauces as much as he is.  I am designing this page as a
favorite.  If any one want's to contact me and give me any suggestions,
comments and hints into what different links, PICS, or those sort of items to
make this one great hot sauce web page.  Please feel free.

Paul

--part0_901600400_boundary

From: Sauce2u@aol.com
To: LQQKn4Tin@aol.com
Subject: Fwd: [CH] Vietnamese Chile Garlic Sauce
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 00:27:34 EDT

--part1_901600400_boundary

In a message dated 7/27/98 8:37:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
garyh@agora.rdrop.com writes:

<< r:	owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
 Reply-to:	garyh@agora.rdrop.com (Gary Hanson)
 To:	moats@valint.net
 CC:	chile-heads@globalgarden.com

--part1_901600400_boundary

From: Gary Hanson <garyh@agora.rdrop.com>
Subject: Re: [CH] Vietnamese Chile Garlic Sauce
To: moats@valint.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 17:29:26 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Sender: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com

> Does anyone have a recipe for a sauce similar to the one the comes in a
> clear plastic bottle with a green cap "Tung Ot something or other" made
> in Rosemead, CA?

  Put ripe, stemless chiles in a blender. Add some vinegar, and garlic
if you want it; maybe some salt too [I don't have a bottle handy at the
moment.] Huy Fong's recipe has a preservative in it, sodium bisulfite
or somesuch. You don't need it, but refrigerate the finished product.
Blend to desired consistency. Start with too little vinegar and add it
as necessary to get the desired consistency. If you're talking about
the weaker, fully homogenized (ketchup-like) stuff, that also has
sugar in it. Experiment, it's very easy to make.

> I used to buy it but since moving to NE Oregon haven't
> been able to find it.... but we are blessed by a large chile crop. TIA

  Lucky you. In Portland Oregon, the chiles are only just getting
started, and my habs haven't yet set any fruit at all. Grrr.

  --Gary Hanson

--part1_901600400_boundary--

--part0_901600400_boundary--