Re: [CH] need some ideas!

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:48:49 -0700

Curt Snyder, Hot's Desire wrote:

> Greetings all! The mall where we have our store has (rather foolishly)
> given us the opportunity to hold a 'special event'. They gave everyone
> this opportunity, we just thought we'd see just how far we could carry it!
> We need some ideas for a somewhat outrageous event, must be able to take
> place indoors, in public (which leaves out naked twister, sorry Rael),
> must involve hot foods and be a good draw of people. This is a charity
> event. We briefly thought about a chile cookoff, but EVERYONE does that.
> We also thought about a hotluck in the mall, or a fiery foods cooking
> contest. But then we thought about all of YOU and we know that you'll come
> up with ideas that we would never have thought about! And quite a few that
> we wouldn't dare do, I'm sure! Put on your thinkin' caps, chomp a hab and
> start those creative ideas! Thanks! Curt
>
> Curt & Susie Snyder                   Hot's Desire

A Salsa competition with a Salsa Band and Mariachi Band and maybe even a
Reggae Band for the Jerk Sauce sub-competition. A desert/beach front
decor and competitors to sell samples for $X each (proceeds to charity
with attendant publicity) and "People's Choice" voting jars to collect
more sincere appreciation. Contestant turning in the most money for the
charity get the "People's Choice" award and you get even more photo ops
and publicity.

Let us know how it comes out.
--
Uncle Dirty Dave sez ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider and Yaaahoooaahhh! Hot! Sauce!!!