Re: [CH] Martha's Quesadillas

The Old Bear (oldbear@arctos.com)
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 21:00:19 -0400

In Chile-Heads Digest, v.4 #505, Jesse Guadiana wrote:

| Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:58:53 -0500
| From: Jesse Guadiana <jguad1@mer.cioe.com>
| Subject: Re: Martha S. -- [CH] Digest V4 #503
|
| Chile-Heads Digest wrote:
| > Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 16:01:53 -0500
| > From: Judy Howle <howle@ebicom.net>
| > Subject: [CH] Martha's Quesadillas
| >
| >  I caught Martha Stewart's show Fri. and she was grilling
| > quesadillas.  Typically Martha, they use some unusual
| > ingredients, such as SARDINES and CHUTNEY, but other than that,
| > they looked pretty good.
|
| *Some* unusual ingredients?  YIPES! The bizarre array of
| ingredients on her list will scare away most, if not all,
| entry-level quesadilla fans. . . .
|
| Hasta la lista,
| Jesse G. / CH1200
| jguad1@mer.cioe.com

While living in California, when my son was a toddler, we
perfected a quick-fix dinner consisting of a flour tortilla,
folded in half, over a filling of grated cheese (white cheddar,
monterey jack, swiss, whatever) and some chopped green chiles
from a can.  The thing could be put in the toaster-oven or
just microwaved until the cheese melted.  Then, cut into wedges
and eaten by adults (with margaritas) or toddler alike.

As these were not quite quesadillas, we took to calling them
"quasi-dillas"

I still make these from time to time, adding some interesting
hot sauce to the filling before folding and zapping.

Cheers,
The Old Bear