Re: [CH] Free habs

Rich McCormack (macknet@cts.com)
Sat, 01 Aug 1998 06:31:46 -0700

Brandon Nuttall wrote:

> Suz,
>
> At 02:59 PM 7/31/98 -0400, you wrote:
> > Anyone want free plumbs?  What do I do with several hundred plums?
>
> How about a Habanero Plum sauce? ...

A couple of years ago, I was "blessed" with an over abundance of very
ripe plums sitting on my kitchen counter (the variety with the deep
ruby red flesh, whichever one that is) and was in danger of loosing
'em to the garbage.  I purreed 'em along with a generous number of
pickled habaneros, some of the pickling vinegar, minced onion, crushed
garlic, miscellaneous herbs and spices, and whatever else I could think
of that sounded good.  The result was awesome, a deep ruby red sauce
with little orange, almost iridescent looking, flecks of habanero chile
floating about.  I named it Scarlet Beauty.  As a table sauce it was OK,
but where it really shined was as a BBQ sauce and marinade.  I ended up
with about a quart and a half of the stuff; but when it was gone, that
was it.  I didn't keep track of all that when into the mix and have
never been able to reproduce it to my satisfaction.

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@cts.com

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...
http://members.cts.com/crash/m/macknet/