[CH] eats in Omaha

Renae (rchurch@bobcat.peru.edu)
Fri, 07 Aug 1998 08:15:28 -0500

Sorry - bounced on me so will post to your through the list.

>Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 16:50:23 -0500
>To: mohawkturtle@earthlink.net
>From: Renae <rchurch@bobcat.peru.edu>
>Subject: eats in Omaha
>
>For hot:  The only place I know will make it very hot is the Jaipur -
Indian food - I have not actually been here, but have been to their
restaurant in Lincoln, ne called The Oven - wonderful!  Jaipur has a good
Jalapeno beer ( I know because I just had it at The Oven - but their beers
are brewed at the Jaipur). Since I have not actually had a chance to hit
their Omaha digs, you will have to look in phone book for address or get
directions from hotel staff.

>If you like BBQ, not spicy hot but wonderfully delicious, go to McKennas
Blues Booze and BBQ(can you go wrong with a name like that?). I highly
recommend the smoked brisket, the Badwich, the baby red potato salad, and
their own brews (I like the red). My husband likes their spider sandwich
(crab), and their bbq chicken.

>For Italian: Vivace on the Old Market downtown.
>Chinese: Imperial Palace 120th & Dodge
>
>Unfortunately these are the only places I've gotten to try since moving to
the vicinity - to busy going back to have time to try new ones!
>There is supposed to be a new Mexican restaurant in the southern area of
town now but we have not hit it yet - I think around 24th and a little
south of L? Supposed to have rave reviews.  Other good Mexican should be in
this area of town as it seems to be the Hispanic area of town. One we have
been to in this area is Tio Pepe?( I think) on 33rd and L if I remember
right - authentic (of course).