Re: [CH] Chiles de Arbol

VoodooChile (rael@ebicom.net)
Fri, 07 Aug 1998 08:28:04 -0500

At 11:18 AM 8/6/98 -0400, Alexandra Soltow wrote:
>Greetings, chile-heads.....
>
>My chile garden is prospering along wonderfully; I've harvested serranos,
>tomatillos, tomatoes, cilantro, and a number of non-chile-related items. My
>chiles de arbol have been most prolific: however, they are not even
>thinking about turning red yet! Should I be patient? Or, if I were to pick
>them, would they turn red sitting in my kitchen? I guess I'm picturing
>little critters scurrying around the area who might have a hankering for
>unripe chiles and get 'em before I do.....a likely possibility!!

I've always (in the past...haven't lived anywhere long enough to grow my
own lately..) picked at least a chile or two whilst green/unripe simply
'cause I can't stand the temptation (hmmm...bet that "apple" in the Garden
wuz really a big fat chile...)...but I've had fairly good success in
getting chiles to ripen up just sitting in a window.  Humidity and such are
always factors, but you can only try...

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael

Mississippi Redneck