Re: [CH] Shepherd's Red Savinas????

Ed Johnson (ejohnso1@maine.rr.com)
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 19:10:53 -0400

Susie: Are the seeds from NK "True Red Savina"? I thought Shepherd's
had some kind of an "exclusive license" on the Red Savina.

For the past three years, I've planted red savina seeds from
Shepherds, and I too find that you never know what you are going to
get. Out of about ten plants each time, I get two or three that I
would call the real thing. The rest are classic orange habs, what
looks like red Jamiaca habaņero, and various other "neither fish nor
fowl" in between.

It appears that the "Red Savina" has not actually been developed into
a true type yet.