Re: [CH]Digest V5 #12 Killer Burrito

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 08:05:19 -0500

Hi C-H's,

Randy wrote:

>The other place I like is on Bardstown road, I believe.  I don't
>remember the name but their slogan is "Burritos As Big As Your Head"!

Part of a chain of fast food Mexican restaurants, mostly in big ten
university cities. The first one opened on Green St. Champaign IL in the
late '80s. I visit the one on the High St. here in Columbus almost every
week, and once had the pleasure of Alex S's company. (I think we must be
the only two list subscribers in town.)

Most of the workers here are from Mexico City, and they tell me that the
burritos are larger and in other ways not typical of those sold back home.
The regular size costs $4.25 and is as much as I can eat. Omnivores should
try pork, no lettuce (a worthless packing material) and have it cooked
"tostado" or as they say "creespi!", which is to say browned on all sides.
Veggies should try bean and avocado. All are served with their home made
hot sauce, which contains a fair amount of chile de arbol. However they are
friendly folks and will happily add whatever chopped peppers or sauces you
take to have in your burritos.

                     Regards,               Cameron.