Re: [CH] pepper spray on your steak

John Lilly (John.C.Lilly-1@ou.edu)
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 08:28:22 -0500

Inagaddadavida wrote:

> Twas Writ:

[snip]

> Nonetheless...I *do* wonder if the stuff could be used in lieu of a
> capsiacin cream/rub for aches, pains, etc....hmmm...

I strongly suggest that you do NOT try this.  I had a bad experience
when I rubbed a raw Hab on the back of my calf to remove the soarness
resulting from a leg cramp.  Actually, the big mistake was applying the
pepper right before going to sleep.  I tried using soap, skin lotion,
Noxema, Sea Breeze(OUCH!!!), and milk to deaden the pain enough for me
to go to sleep.  I finally ended up taking 30 minute COLD shower.  This
wouldn,t have been so bad during the day, but all of this occured
between 2:00 and 4:30 in the morning.  Not a very pleasant experience
when you have to get up for work at 6:00 a.m.

John "Eatin' Habs but not wearin' them" Lilly