(no subject)

dlaw@andros.com
Thu, 20 Aug 98 16:48:06

Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 02:29:56 -0400
From: The Old Bear <oldbear@arctos.com>
Subject: re: [CH] Bajan Pepper Sauces

In Chile-Heads Digest, v.5 #17, Randy wrote:

[snip happens]

Having just returned from my local hot sauce connection -- i.e., Marshall's
off-price department store -- I am in possession of one 5-ounce (148 ml)
bottle of "The Brutal Bajan" imported from Garden Row Foods in Franklin
Park, Illinois.  :)

[more snip]

Of course, a trip to Barbados would be more fun.

Cheers,
The Old Bear
<<<
lurk_mode=off

Hi all

One of my all time favorites in this style of sauce is "Barrons West Indian
Pepper Sauce".  Lovely golden mustard color with plenty of orange/yellow
scotch bonnet bits.  Not only is the mustard flavor divine (devein??), it
was the first commercial sauce I encountered on St. Croix.  Large 16 oz.
bottle served with fish and chips.  No Malt vinegar, not catsup, just
Barrons.

Recently found it here on the West Coast @ Beverages and More in the $3.00
range for a 5 oz. bottle.

Eat hot.