Re: [CH] Star Trek ahead of it's time? off planet

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 18:32:02 +1000

At 3:18 AM +1000 3/9/98, =Mark wrote:
>Watched the first episode of Star Trek on the Sci Fi Network last night.
>The series is 30 years old and they've digitally remastered them and
>restored scenes that had been edited out for use in syndication.  During
>last nights premier episode there was a scene that I had not noticed
>before, which went something like:
>
>Uhura:  "Captain, we are getting a message from the starship Whatever, they
>require delivery of the emergency supplies that had been requested."
>
>Kirk:  "Tell captain Smith that he'll get his hot chile peppers as soon as
>our mission here is completed.  He's waited several months for them and a
>couple more days won't hurt.  Tell him that they are Texas Reds and that I
>picked them myself!"
>
>Might this been the first reference in the popular media of someone
>requesting delivery of chile peppers by way of an Email message?
Love it
WOW!!
What was the title of the episode?
I think I have seen them all 6+ times
However my absolute favourite Sci Fi is "Dr. Who"
(no surprises you know exactly what is going to happen)
I'm very worried about the new feature film the you yankies are doing.
Will you mess it up like you did The Lord of the Rings?
Then again Godzilla was great - the funniest of them all!

Michael Bailes.
Herbarist
The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250 Australia. (OZ)
International fax 61 243 651979          Phone 61 243 677322
Bookshop, nursery, media, school, garden, medical herbalist, cafe, herbal
products, gift gallery, insanity. EMAIL: frgntgar@ozemail.com.au
  	Web page at: http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/
" 'Willow bark,' said the Bursar.
'That's  a good idea,' said the Lecturer in Recent Runes. 'It's an
analgesic.'  'Really?  Well, possibly, though it's probably better to give
it to him by mouth,' said Ridcully.
Terry Pratchett, Hogfather, 1996 P.187