Re: [CH] Humility - a true story

casey marion (caseymarion@mindspring.com)
Thu, 03 Sep 1998 16:51:52 -0400

I'm sure you're not the first, and you surely won't be the last.  My
first hab experience was similar to your chicken wing episode.
I bought a bottle of pickled habs from a local tobacco store [1st
mistake].  The heat wasn't too excrutiating, so I ate 4 in a row [2nd
mistake].  I was fine for approximately 2.5 hours, until, my stomach
bloated out and turned rock-hard.  The pain radiated throughout my
abdomen and into my back.  I was at a loss.  I finally drove at 85 mph
to the grocery store, grabbed a bottle of Tums, and started eating them
in line.  I don't think the Tums helped at all.
I was out of commission for the rest of the day and part of the next.
What an experience.  Needless to say, I haven't bought anymore pickled
habs from the tobacco mart.  Nope, these days I'll only eat the one's I
grow, and then I'm still a bit cautious.