Re: [CH] Scott.Ashkenaz@kla-tencor.com

Ed Cutrell (ecutrell@darkwing.uoregon.edu)
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 14:07:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Cameron Begg wrote:
> Scott wrote:
> "You see, from time to time, I have a reaction to habaneros or
> extract-based sauces."
>
> Me too.
>
> "Then, the sharp, wrenching, explosive stab hit."
>
> But never that bad. Any clue as to why?

I also get this occasionally, usually on an empty stomach, and usually
when popping fresh peppers.  The old "I'm a serious CH stud" stupidity
strikes and I have to show off by munching a hab or two.  A "sharp,
wrenching, explosive stab" describes it pretty well--I always liken it to
being poisoned.  I think it's basically the same response--once I truly
think I nearly went anaphylactic....

ed