Re: [CH] Slightly off topic

Chilli King (lmason@peg.apc.org)
Tue, 08 Sep 1998 19:22:55 +1100

Tony Flynn wrote:

> Hi all
> I could not resist a post about a news item last night.
>
> A deranged man was in a shopping centre in Melbourne, Australia waving a
> 4 foot sword at the passers by.
> He finished up surrounded by heaps of armed police. Then a police
> armored van drove up to him. After shouting at him to drop the sword
> through a loud hailer. A head popped up through a hatch, and a massive
> cloud of capsicum spray filled the air. Then another great cloud having
> less effect than the first.
> This was followed by a hail of rubber bullets. these made him stagger a
> little.
> Then the hero of the piece "Rin Tin Tin" the faithful German shepherd
> police dog charged in and put him to the ground. Followed by police who
> took the sword off him to loud applause from the crowd of shoppers.
> A real classic it should be shown world wide. One of the best laughs for
> ages for me.
>
> On topic the days are getting longer and the seedlings are growing well
> under the lights.
>
> Tony Flynn

Yes it was quite a laugh. The capsicum spray had more effect on the
crowd of on-lookers. Also, had a good laugh at the Police Officers
comments about the crowd 'No under-estimating the stupidity of some
people'

On the topic, my seedlings are shooting up nicely, Fiesta, Purple Tiger,
Jalepeno and Habs (to name but a few) all doing very well.  WooHoo For
Spring!!!

Lee

"With Ten thousand dollars we'd be millionares !!!" - Homer Simpson