RE: [CH] RE: the cheapie dehydrator

Bloechl, Sharen Rund (sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com)
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 13:17:20 -0700

The following's a comment from someone at UL. . .

"ETL is UL's competitor.  Actually I think they're doing business as
Inchcape or Intertek now.  Some local jurisdictions require UL Listed
products and won't accept ETL products.  Generally speaking, ETL evaluates
products to UL standards or the standards of some other organization-but
ETL's evaluation is not as thorough as UL's.  I always look for the UL mark
- "

Sharen Rund Bloechl

Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Sunnyvale Data Center
 <mailto:sharen.rund_bloechl@lmco.com> sharen.rund_bloechl@lmco.com
Phone: 408-756-5432
[or]                                Fax:   408-756-0912
 <mailto:srund@svl.ems.lmco.com> srund@svl.ems.lmco.com              LMnet:
8-326-5432
Pager: 408-539-5146  web:
<http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi>
http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi
[or] Operator Assist:  1-800-725-5079, pin 408-539-5146