Re: [CH] pressure canners/cookers

Judy Howle (howle@ebicom.net)
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:04:49 -0500

At 06:00 AM 9/18/98 -0700, you wrote:
Rich wrote:
>I've thought about using our pressure cooker for canning, but it
>doesn't have a pressure gauge.  Seems risky, so I've stuck with
>boiling water bath pickling in brine.  Have any chile-heads out
>there ever used a non-gauge pressure cooker for canning with
>satisfactory results?

Yes, I have done it several times before I bought my big one.  But even the
big one doesn't have a dial type gage, it still has a weight.  Works fine.
Have canned a ton of stuff in it.  Just make sure the weight has the correct
pressure setting for canning.

Judy "MsChile" Howle

Flavors of the South; Recipes for "heat lovers"
http://www.ebicom.net/~howle

Hot and Spicy Food Editor at Suite 101
http://www.suite101.com/topics/page.cfm/462