[CH] Re: Hong Kong

Myron Menaker (myronm@bellsouth.net)
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 07:14:02 -0400

I agree with everything that Scott says....plus:

- Go to Aberdeen to see the floating sampan city...

- Go to the Jumbo floating restaurant....a tourist trap, but a curiosity
(not to be 	missed!)

- Go to the night-time flea market ("Thieves Market")

- Take the Star Ferry to Victoria, then take the tram out to the very
end of the 		line....you'll see a side of Hong Kong which tourists do
not usually see!

- Try "Beggar's Chicken" -- chicken wrapped in lotus leaves, then baked
in clay! You		break it open with a hammer, when it's brought to your
table!

I wish I were going with you!

Myron in Florida

Ashkenaz, Scott wrote:

> Lots of great things to do there!
>
> - Eat Dim Sum - ask some locals for the best place, and then drag them
> along, since you will likely not recognize anything. We ate very close to
> the Ferry Dock on the Kowloon side.
>
> - Visit Bird Street in the early morning. Take a camera (actually, take it
> everywhere...HK is beautiful)
>
> - Visit Stanley (on the other side of Hong Kong island)
>
> - Go up to Victoria Peak and buy a watch with a hologram of chairman
> Mao...if they still sell them.
>
> - Don't bother going to Macao
>
> - There is a rather good Mexican restaurant on Hong Kong

Myron Menaker                      Daytona Beach FL USA
myronm@bellsouth.net     |