Re: [CH] A pepper related report

The Old Bear (oldbear@arctos.com)
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 07:24:15 -0400

In ChileHeads Digest, v.5 #48, coyote <coyote@calweb.com>wrote:

>Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 07:01:01 -0700
>From: coyote <coyote@calweb.com>
>Subject: Re: [CH] A pepper related report
>
>=Mark wrote:
>
>> At 11:18 AM 9/14/98 +0100, Andrew Healy wrote:
>> >
>> >from : http://wwwchem.uwimona.edu.jm:1104/lectures/peppers.html
>>
>> Tried to access this page and got the dreaded 404 error...
>
>Heck.. is the C-H original home page still up? I couldn't get it this
>morning.
>
>Coyote
>Howlin' for Habaneros

Just catching up on about two weeks of CH digest, so if someone
has already pointed this out, I apologize for being redundant.

The correct URL is:

  http://wwwchem.uwimona.edu.jm:1104/lectures/pepper.html

(i.e., "pepper.html", not "peppers.html")

If you want to see the cool rotating molecule, you will need
to download a special browser plug-in used by organic
chemists.  This is not necessary for anything other than this
one graphic on the page, so go take a look anyway.

There are also several interesting links from the page,
including:

   Spices and Chiles
   http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~robd/dinnercoop/special/spices.html

   Scientific Info on Chile Peppers
   http://neptune.netimages.com/~chile/science.html

   The Chile Gallery
   http://chile.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu:8000/www/gallery.html

   The Fire and Spice Page
   http://antoine.fsu.umd.edu/chem/senese/101/features/capsaicin.shtml

Thanks to the Department of Chemistry at the University of the West
Indies, Mona Campus, in Jamaica for this cool site.

Cheers,
The Old Bear