Re: [CH] @&%^$# SPAM

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 00:44:05 +1000

Help Stop Spamming!
Read http://www.cauce.org
This was sent to me by Glen Hosey some time ago
MVB
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 06:37:46 -0400
To: Michael  Bailes <frgntgar@ozemail.com.au>
From: "Glen G. Hosey" <hosey@erols.com>
Subject: RE: Who to reply to...

Hi, when you get spam like the one we all received, here's what you need to
do:

First, turn on the feature of your mail program to show all the unsightly
headers, the abuse folks need that to track the spam. Then copy the entire
text and create a new mail and send it to the "abuse" account at the
sender's domain. For example, below is your mail to the list. Since your
mail came from "...@ozemail.com.au", if I wanted to report you for a spam,
I would send a copy of your entire message to "abuse@ozemail.com.au".  All
domains are required to maintain an "abuse" account, most do. If that
bounces, try sending it to "postmaster@ozemail.com.au". Several of us on
the list apparently sent the original spam to "abuse@msn.com" -- I received
a reply that 3 accounts had been closed also!

>At 12:54 PM +1000 18/8/98, Frank J. Hashek wrote:
>>Complained to abuse@msn.com about the recent "web traffic" SPAM.  MSN
>>reported the closing of 3 related accounts used by the SPAMMER.  It pays to
>>complain (in a courteous manner).
>>FJH
>How do you find who to complain to?
>Just had awhole heap of nonsese which just bounces if I send it back

Glen Hosey, Fairfax, VA  --  http://www.erols.com/hosey -- home of
my free MM2.0L & MC2.0H Recipe Buster programs & huge MM-format recipe
archive.

Michael Bailes.
The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250 Australia. (OZ)
International fax 61 243 651979          Phone 61 243 677322
Bookshop, nursery, media, school, garden, medical herbalist, cafe, herbal
products, gift gallery, insanity. EMAIL: frgntgar@ozemail.com.au
  	Web page at: http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/
Herbarist N. ( U.S herb soc, 1930?) : One who studies all aspects of herbs,
culinary, medicinal, folklore, literature, ethnobotany, pharmacy,
cultivation & propagation,herbals, etc