Re: [CH] Roasted Red Savina Hot Sauce

Chile (coyote@calweb.com)
Wed, 07 Oct 1998 06:09:34 -0700

At 06:26 AM 10/7/98 -0400, Kelly Jackson wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I am new to this list so please forgive me if this subject has come up
>before.  I recently made some "Crazy Coyote's Roasted Red Savina Hot
>Sauce".
>It came out awesome!  The only thing is the recipe states that it will
>last in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.  The batch is quite a lot and we will
>not use it all in 1-2 weeks.  Is anyone familar with whether or not I
>should process this sauce and "can" it?  It doesn't have any vinegar in
>it and a very small amount of salt.  Any suggestions???

I've always used it up. So I've never added vinegar to it. IMHO would ruin
the sauce..but that's my taste buds.
Freezing portions is an option.

Also you can find the recipe under my home pages at:
http://www.calweb.com/~coyote/Rhyolite.htm
It is after the splash page (click on the picture)
Then click on the chef link.

Coyote
Howlin For Habaneros