Re: [CH] TWEETY BIRD

edmiston (edmiston@wardpress.com)
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 21:30:05 -0500

Doug Irvine wrote:

> edmiston wrote:
>

> > While we're at it, how 'bout a recipe for curried folks who send kitch ASCII
> > chain-spam to public lists?

> Right on, man....I sometimes go off topic(about female singers??)

Heh, heh, do you indeed? I must have missed those posts. Didn't realize you were
a Spice Girls fan. (;

> but I
> really agree with you on this one.  Food, Hot, Spicy, Edible, et al
> but please no tweety's...Have done your cauliflower soup AGAIN and it
> gets better with age(but not too old)I mean the recipe, of course.

Cool, man! I'm really glad you like that soup, I'm crazy abt it myself. I plan to
try your tofu recipes myself as soon as my fridge recovers from an overheated
summer in which it crashed more times than my Mac.

I read your post to the guy who wanted to cut down on meat but thought tofu
tasted bad. I couldn't have agreed with you more. I'm not totally vegetarian (put
an organically raised Black Angus filet mignon in front of me and behold that
carnivore that lurks in us all). Even if I ate meat all the time, I'd still eat
tons of tofu, because, like you, I think it's got a bad rap. It's actually very
tasty, and as it absorbs the flavours of what it's cooked with, it outta be a
major food group for CHs. Not to mention how beneficial soy is to us humans. I
also didn't understand why he said lentils were fattening.

Anyway, happy Hoser Thanksgiving, bro. As I recall, you're not hoser-born, so you
may be interested to know that I'm going to Cooperstown for American
Thanksgiving. It will be my first vacation in over three years, and I'm really
looking forward to some grain-fed wild turkey with candied yams, dressing, gravy,
all the rest. I doubt there'll be any hothead spots in traditional Cooperstown
(though Merkins are free to tell me otherwise), so I'll bring a stash of Calvin's
with me. (:

Appropos to nothing, go Padres! Appropos to something, I've really enjoyed the
recent posts abt Medieval cuisine and sharp flavours. Those who feel they must
apologize for passing on fascinating historical knowledge to the list pls don't
(apologize) and continue (posting).

I can't be the only person interesting in baseball, Medieval Europe and spicy
foods can I? I guess it wouldn't be the first time...