Re: [CH] need good hot vegetarian stuff

Ron (swamp@netten.net)
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 21:59:23 -0700

J.B.
One of my favorite dishes in the vegitarian vein (pun intended) is a dish at my
favorite Viet. restaurant called Curried Wheat gluten. It's a killer, with
vietnamese curry, lemon grass, and coconut milk.Oh, and some red pepper too.
Don't know the recipe, but the texture of the wheat gluten is like beef roast.
Go to an asian market and get some wheat gluten , the kind that translates to "
mock duck". don't used the curried stuff in the can, serious grease! Also, Get
some of the tofu that has been deep-fried, it has a brow outer texture that
keeps you from feeling like you're eating particularly flavorless plain yogurt.(
Although I like it myself, absorbs flavors etc.)
snippage

--
Ron M

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not
change, the courage to change the things I can, and the
wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they
pissed me off.