Re: [CH] Pain

Doug Irvine (dirvin@bc.sympatico.ca)
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 22:28:12 -0700

Joe Wood wrote:

> > Hello!
>
> I'm new to the list but not to loving heat. Unfortunately, my lower intestines
> don't agree. What can I do for the inevitable burning pain? Avoiding heat is NOT
> an option...
>
> Joe
Hi Joe...I could be facetious, and say take Tums!! But I think, that
rather than that, you should discuss this with your doctor, and let us
hope that he is an intelligent one.  If you are having LOWER intestine
pain, then I would say, for certain you should have some tests done to
see why, because this is not a normal reaction, IMHO, to the consumption
of chiles...I have been eating hot, spicy food for  more than two thirds
of my 72 years, and have never ever had a problem with my
intestines....I aint sayin nuttin about ring of fire, or Hunan hand! I
am referring to a pain in the gut, not a pain in the butt!! Anyway,
enough levity, seriously, see your Doctor about your lower intestine
pain, after eating....you can do no harm to yourself by seeing your
doctor, so once again, in my humble opinion, go see him(or her) and
explain exactly what is going on with your gut...good luck, Cheers, Doug
in BC