Re: [CH] Mystery Chicken Ingredient

Kristofer Blennow (kristofer@blennow.se)
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 19:09:56 +0100

On 8 Mar 00, Virginia H. Dimond wrote:

> but it includes an ingredient I've never heard of before -- Thai sweet
> chili sauce. (The spelling is Temple's.) Anyone ever tried this stuff?  Any recommendations for brand, source,
> etc? BTW, I assume the heat in the recipe doesn't come from this

"Thai Sweet Chili Sauce" is very common here in Sweden. Quite boring
mix of some chiles, sugar and salt. It has heat, but not that much
flavour. Often the cheaper brands have a bad "metal" taste.

I would suggest using whatever chiles you prefer for heat and
flavour, and sweeten it up with honey or sugar...  Or why not use
Jim's Fiery Hot Habanero Sauce... which has great heat and sweetness.

Kristofer

Kristofer Blennow   Non Sive Sive, Sed Et Et
Physical location: [close to] Stockholm, Sweden
WWW location:       http://www.blennow.se/