RE: [CH] Habanero Hummus

Riley 'n Mary (uGuys@Wilshire.Net)
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:53:20 -0800

We tried it with a can of chickpeas, a 1" slice of a large onion, about
4 tbsp tahinni, a fresh habanero instead of powder, and a bit less fresh
lemon juice, about 2 oz--the onion makes up for some of the liquid.

After a while Mary wouldn't let me add anymore cayenne (she wasn't
buying the "just for color" biz!!!) so I added some paprika, too.  And
no olive oil or sesame oil--a little wouldn't hurt, tho.

Anyway a lower fat version that was just delicious!  Nice heat!  Thanks
Sue.

Riley