Re: [CH] Austin Eats

Bill Woodward (bill_cchkk@yahoo.com)
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 15:35:59 -0800 (PST)

Porter,

Definately Chuy's for Tex-Mex (not authentic Mexican, sorry).  Get the
Creamy Jalapen~o salad dressing for dipping chips, and ask for the
green chile rice instead of the regular mexican rice.  I recommend the
chicken and cheese chile rellenos or the southwestern enchiladas (blue
corn tortillas filled with smoked chicken and topped with a fried egg).

Hope that helps,
- Bill

--- Porter Banister <porter9@concentric.net> wrote:
> Chile-Heads:
>
> I need Austin, Texas restaurant recommendations. BBQ and authentic
> Mexican
> places are especially appreciated. It's not for me, but  baby sis is
> there
> now and on an expense account, so sky's the limit (even though I bet
> the
> better BBQ and Mexican places are reasonably priced). She's already
> done
> Stubbs and The Salt Lick, but wants more.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Porter

=====
Bill Woodward (Bill_CCHKK@yahoo.com or wpwood@dazel.com)