Fwd: [CH] Mo' seeds!

GarryMass@aol.com
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 23:13:39 EST

--part1_65.2801841.2605adf3_boundary

From: GarryMass@aol.com
Full-name: GarryMass
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 23:12:44 EST
Subject: Re: [CH] Mo' seeds!
To: yesgaz@itcanada.com

In a message dated 3/00 5:56:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, yesgaz@itcanada.com
writes:

<< find a spot where the
 seedlings can get a few hours of direct sunlight a day >>
Ch.D.s,
Sure, why give them 14 to 16 hours a day of inexpensive fluorescent light
when just a few hours of direct sunlight on a cold and damp window sill (one
imagines) is so much better?  Does ANYONE ever read the archives?  I used to
wonder about the impatience of longer term members when someone would suggest
that botulism abounds and that winder sills beat strong, steady, up/close and
personal artificial light.  I wonder no longer.
Please, everyone, grow spindly, pale green, damping off peppers on your
window sill.  Those of us sprouting hundreds of plants for dozens of years
hadn't heard about the wonderful qualities of northern March sunlight on a
cold windersill.  The plant sellers will be only too happy to sell you REAL
plants after your "few hours of sunlight" plants become corpses, if they come
up at all.  Pulleeeeze!!
Now, admittedly, this might be a bit advanced for some, but sometimes
gardeners use a pest attractant plant to keep the troublesome ones away from
the desirable plants.  I'm thinking of creating a "tripped on your tongue"
website with the same objective in mind.
Gareth the ChileKnight

--part1_65.2801841.2605adf3_boundary--