[CH] growing chile peppers @ exit 159

mstevens@exit109.com
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:46:54 GMT

At 08:03 AM 4/5/00 EDT, you wrote:

>      Hi Mark....
>
>         I was reading your entry in chile head digest and have the desire to
>grow chile peppers in containers (joint compound buckets) this summer.
>However, I would like to know what specific varieties grow best in this area
>as I am under the impression that the length of the growing season directly
>impacts on the ripening of the fruit.  Also, what are the soil composition
>and fertilizer requirements for generating a productive yield.  Any
>additional information you could e-mail me would be greatly appreciated as
>well.  Thank you very much.

I've had good luck with Jalepenos, serranos, poblanos, anaheims and cherry
hots.  I'm sure there are quite a few other varieties that I have not tried.
I've never grown in containers so I'm not sure what the soil composition should
be.  You might want to contact Karen Stober, she lives near your area and I
know she's done peppers in containers.  You might also post a note directly to
the list...

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @