Re: [CH] Willows

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 22:50:36 -0500

Dave Anderson wrote:

> ... One of the websites had some
> information on rooting compounds. I'll see if I can find anything for
> you....
>
> Dave Anderson
> TLCC

  Dave,

Thanks for the info...

  The product they sold me for my seedlings is "Bontone Rooting Powder" Active
ingredient: Indole-3-butyric acid 0.10%. I may have to resort to trying the
willow technique after all; as I have just read the back of the bottle. Too
bad I was in such a hurry to get it and leave without reading it there; now I
have to take it back. I told the guy what I was going to use it for!!!
Apparently he hasn't read the instructions on this stuff. Sounds pretty nasty,
and is for use on ornamental plants only. Anyone out there know of a rooting
powder that IS safe for use on plants intended for "food or feed"?

Thanks,

--
Erich
C-H # 2099