Re: Re [OZ}+[CH] FOR INTEREST TO AUSSIE CH ONLY

Luke Speer (lukasz@midcoast.com.au)
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:42:20 +1000

Luke Speer wrote:

> Next weeks FOOD LOVERS GUIDE TO AUSTRALIA program on ABC TV @ approx 8pm
> Friday the 28th April will feature the Chile King ????

Turns out the Chile King  was Victor Pisapia, the Owner/Chef of the
Rattlesnake Grill restaurant in Neutral Bay in Sydney.  Santa Fe style food.

Victor is well known  to those that have attended The Fragrant Garden Chile
Festival. Victor gives Demonstrations and generally has a stall there with
his Salsa's and really truly great Chocolate Chille Truffles.
Michael Bailes has the recipe in his book the Fragrant Chili..
Victor Made a Mole Poblano sauce and served it with Weber (tm) Smoked
Chicken. I didn't catch all of the recipe but he used  the holy Trinity of
dried Chiles, tomatoes, tomatillos, seeds, nuts, raisins etc and Mexican
Chocolate, The round block one ?? [name escapes me] Ibarra??
He also claims his older Mercedes [which looks like its in slightly better
condition than the 2  190's models Michael Bailes is growing plants in] is
Habanero Red..

I think I posted the URL for the Rattlesnake Grill to the list some time
ago..
Most browsers will take you straight there..

Luke in Oz