Re: [CH] The Personality of a Chilehead

Mark McHugh (mchugh@internet-stat.net)
Sat, 06 May 2000 15:10:31 -0500

Mary Going wrote:

> A reporter would like information about what chileheads are like. Do you
> think we are more adventurous? More fun-loving? According to Fiery Foods
> Magazine, chileheads are risk-takers, and Chile Pepper Magazine says
> chileheads travel more. What do you think?
>
> - mary

I became a chilehead because of my travels.  I was a poor Midwestern boy,
deprived of heat and spice by location and an upbringing by a grandmother of
English and Irish parents, plain meat and potato people.  Then I joined the Army
and was sent to language school in San Antonio, Texas.  A Mexican family ran my
unit's mess hall and put out crocks filled with jalapeņos.  This chance(?)
encounter led to a lifetime of the pursuit of heat with flavor.  As for
risk-taking, I rode motorcycles, jumped out of perfectly good airplanes,
rappelled and canoed the wilds of Canada before biting into that first hot
pepper.  Maybe it just all goes together, eh?  A crazy-hot-fun gestalt.

--
~~
Mark McHugh

gnothi seauton