Re: [CH] Curry Plant

Robyn and John (rmartin@uq.net.au)
Wed, 10 May 2000 18:14:23 +1000

Karen wrote:
> Finally found a picture of my plant.  Its an herb and smells and tastes just
> like curry.

Thai or Indian? Don't fall into the oppressive Western mode of thinking
that there is only one type of curry. I have made a few Indian and
Thai curries, and none of them ever smelled like the curry powder
I grew up with. In fact, that curry powder is the reason I rarely
ate curries till I could cook (and think) for myself. I think they
put too much fenugreek into the curry powder commonly used in
Australia, and I never yet found a curry recipe that called for
fenugreek.

John