Re: [CH] Mysterious chiles

Matt Prerost (mprerost@bgn.mindspring.com)
Wed, 10 May 2000 03:11:26 -0500

On Mon, 08 May 2000 10:12:23 +1000, you wrote:

>Re; my last post.
>
>I've just figured out that my mysterious "ball chiles" are probably
>cherry bombs, after seeing a  picture of them.
>
>Saving the seeds from those ones! Another candidate for the garden.
>
>Tara

I got on the list after your last post so I am not sure what you said.
Do they look like this picture?
http://www.chileplants.com/cherrybomb.jpg

I grew some last year that looked like that and the were called Red
Hot Cherry Pepper's.  At least that is what the "Bonnie" plant company
calls them.  They had a evil smell to them and they seemed hotter than
my Jalapeno's.  It probably put out more peppers than any other plant
I had.  I bought the plant at K-Mart and I have seen them at Lowes as
well.

Matt