Re: [CH] Please help identify this chilli

Luke Speer (lukasz@midcoast.com.au)
Fri, 12 May 2000 21:38:23 +1000

Tara Deen wrote:

> John:
>
> These are a common plant in Oz, and ironically enough I am also offering
> these on the chileswap web site as Thai hots. I am not sure they are
> Thai hots, either. They are sold commercially as pods and are commonly
> called Thai chile or Thai hot in Australia. I know the are a cultivar of
> C. Annum, but can't help beyond that. To my knowledge, birdseye are a
> different, smaller chile.
>
> If anyone can identify these further, I'd like a copy of the email.
Snip

I have been growing a similiar type for 15-20 yrs, if my memory serves
me right they are an asian type, my seed was sourced from Vanuatu New
Hebrides?..

We Chile-Heads need to get together and take Digital Photos of the
fruit/flower and plant with both Metric and Imperial measurements..
[A standard Engineers steel ruler would suffice]
These should probably be uploaded/sent to Mike Bowers or Graeme
Casseltons web site in the UK...

I would like to see all Ch's get behind this, also If we get together
and send the Pics it would be in our interest to send a small donation
[say a US dollar] to pay for the hosting of the pics.. I get 5 meg free
web space but would imagine that 3 images of a Thai type pepper or
whatever would use up serious bandwidth and the ISP would have their
hand out..

anybody interested??? ..
Contact me off list..

Most of us should be able to get access to a Digital camera and put some
pics a on floppy disk..

Luke in Oz

"it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds"
~ ~ SAMUEL ADAMS