Re: [CH] Iguana Lightning

Dave Drum (xrated@famvid.com)
Wed, 17 May 2000 18:29:13 -0500

radiorlg@att.net wrote:

> I just bought the best spicy ketchup (catsup) on the
> market - I think. Iguana Lightning. I tried it the other
> night on grilled pork chops and it was terrific. It has
> habaneros in it and you can definitely taste them. Here
> are the ingredients as listed:

> Tomato concentrate (water and tomato paste), sugar,
> vinegar, salt, habanero peppers, carrots, onions, garlic,
> lemon juice and ascorbic acid as a preservative.

> This is good stuff. It is not vinegar-y and it IS hot. I
> like it a lot better than some of the other hot catsups
> on the market. Has anyone tried the one from Heinz - it
> has Tabasco in it. Haven't tried it yet but I figured if
> it was in the supermarket it couldn't be that good.

I have the remains of a bottle of Heinz Tabasco Ketchup. I approached it
with caution as I don't really like the sour vinegary taste of Tabasco.
But, this has none of the sour nasty Tabasco taste. Just a pleasant burn
and a nice ketchup flavour. I've used in on hamburgs, french fries and
egg sammiches - all to good effect. I don't use a lot of ketchup - but,
when I do - I grab the Hot Heinz. I went looking in the stupormarkup for
more - but, couldn't find any   B^(=

Get a bottle and try it out. 'Taint all that 'spensive (under U$2) ao if
you don't like it it's not like a bottle of U$50 wine that turns out to
be horse p!$$. Really - it's pretty good.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider