Re: [CH] Manure tea

Byron Bromley (Byron.Bromley@gsd-co.com)
Wed, 17 May 2000 19:21:14 -0400

Tony

I think the orginal concept got lost.

If one goes to the following 3 sites, one finds that by using cow manure
tea, Diseases, fungal, bacterial infections and bugs are dramticaly reduced.

At the UCONN site they claim that tomato production was increased by 27%,
That is an awsome number.

I will accept that other teas may also work, I just can not find the data to
back it up.

UCONN
http://www.canr.uconn.edu/ces/ipm/
On the left side, scroll down to and click on table on contents.

On the right side scroll down to and click on

"Compost for Disease Supression"

While you are at it, Note increase in yeilds of Tomatoes.

'Compost Teas for Plant and Disease Control'
http://www.attra.org/attra-pub/comptea.html

'Compost Tea'  This guy splits the brew time up really fine -- 1 hr, 4 hr,
24 hrs; for different problems.
http://www.invisiblegardener/ctea.htm

Byron