Re: [CH] Willow

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Thu, 18 May 2000 19:15:58 -0500

Akiva Kotler wrote:

> My Dear Comrades in Capsicum,
>
> ...A few weeks ago it was mentioned that willow cuttings
> root with ease and might help other cuttings root.  I can confidently verify
> that they do root very easily in water.  A neighbor of mine has offered me
> some willow cuttings and it is my intention to  mix willow cuttings with
> pepper cuttings  in some water and see what happens.   I hope to keep you
> posted.
>
> Akiva Kotler
>
> Ashdod Israel

  Approximately two weeks ago I made up a batch of what appeared to be, at least
color wise, fairly "strong" willow tea (maybe I should have tasted it). I tested
this on a few seedlings that had become a little too leafy for their stems, to
which I added another supporting (1/4"-1/2") layer of seed starter. I obviously
have no way of telling whether or not this helped anything, but they are doing
just fine. It had been recommended that I try something like this if adding soil
to previously exposed stem areas.

--
Erich
C-H # 2099