RE: [CH]V6 #188 Growing chiles in the Alps - help needed.

Mary & Riley (uGuys@ChileGarden.com)
Thu, 18 May 2000 17:29:38 -0700

Just did some slight research--we had white fly last year, but haven't seen
any yet this year.

Anyway, from what I've read so far lady bugs don't work on white fly.  On
the other hand, I'm fairly certain the package of bugs I looked at said they
control white flies.  I'll check this and find the supplier if I can.  Could
they work as a  preventative but can't control an infestation?

The biological controls I ran across are all insect predators and seem to
all be most effective for greenhouse use.

Delphastus--White Fly Beetle, Encarsia Formosa--a tiny wasp; and Orius,
another bug.

The wasp might be suitable for garden use, but I'd like to hear from someone
who's used 'em.

Riley