Re: [CH] V6 #192 Bay Tree

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Fri, 26 May 2000 08:24:44 -0400

Hi C-H's,
Grandad Tony wrote from the Bay of Plenty:
>On topic I started 6 rocotos after a struggle. If they survive my
>daughters care while I am in Oz during July. I will plant them outside
>in a shade house covered with 50% shade cloth and see what happens.

The following is conjectural as I have not done comparative tests. I
suspect that rocotos will do OK in open sunshine IF the temperature
is not too high. They appear to get a bad case of the sulks if the
temperature here is over about 85degF(~30degC); so it might be a
combination of high temperature and humidity plus the heating effects
of direct sun that they do not like. C. chinense on the other hand
love extreme heat and humidity.
--
---
                      Regards,               Cameron.