Re: [CH] Shepards Chilpeno Seed

Dave Drum (xrated@famvid.com)
Fri, 26 May 2000 07:13:59 -0500

JJK wrote:

> Did anyone get these things to sprout?  I bought $16 worth and had zero
> germination rate.  I'm pissed.

Did you try contacting Shepherd's Seeds? I realize that even if they
give your money back that it's too late for this season. But, I've had
good luck dealing with those folks. Much better than I've had with later
versions of W. Atlee Burpee (the mainstay of my youth).

I planted Black from Tula tomatoes and Czecholovakian Black chiles from
them. Had 95% or better germination. Now I'm moving to new digs and my
housemate gets the benefit.... along with the anaheims, cayennes,
tabascos and Hungarian wax that I planted from Shepherd's.

All of the stuff that I planted this year is heirloom or open
pollinated. No hybrids that I am aware of. My catalog is not handy - is
the chipeno a hybrid?

Have you contacted Shepherd's? Either by the Alexander box or via web
site? I'd try asking the supplier what happened before venting in here.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider