Re: [CH] jalapeno seedlings

Coyote (coyote@calweb.com)
Sat, 03 Jun 2000 07:48:29 -0700

GarryMass@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/23/00 11:19:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> fmunley@infi.net writes:
>
> << I'd like to buy some jalapeno seedlings of the hot variety, not the wimpy
>  types >>

Bit late.. but the jalapeno I've grown here (Sacramento, CA) are always hotter
than the store types . I do not know where the local stores get theirs from. I've
always just planted what ever variety the local place like home base, home depot,
etc. sell.
This year I'm trying several new ones called "macho nacho" jalapeno which is
suppose to be larger than regular jalapenos - along side some from miracle gro.
I'm growing big jims, hungarian black, 3 types of chilitepin, serrano, cayenne,
Caribbean reds , bolivian rainbow, tabasco, habneros and I've got some volunteer
red savainas from some peppers that went bad I just buried in a planets for
mulch..

Coyote
Howlin' for Habaneros