Re: [CH] Guero- Means hot!?

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 13:29:13 -0400

let me guess the heat was to the front of the mouth? well maybe anyways.. I
went through the same reaction last year, but it is a different heat.  we
seem to go through this each year.. the heat factor is different for each of
us as is the part of the mouth and throat.
Just to check things out when you have both a hab and a wax ripe at the same
time.. take a big old bite out of each.. then you'll know which is hottest..
lol

Chet

Michelle DeWitt wrote:

> I picked the first pepper of the season today from a plant I have in a
> surrogate garden. I believe it to be a Hungarian Wax (Guero?). It looked
> very
> harmless and I took a very big bite and about died!
>
> It was as hot as any Habanero I have ever eaten and it still burned,
> half an hour later.
> Isn't a Hungarian Wax supposed to be the heat factor of a Jalapeno?
> Maybe
> I've just gotten too used to the wimpy Jalapenos on the market.
>
> Michelle in KC..and I'm testing little bitty bites from now on!

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
* chet_bacon@whps.org     |<work>  http://www.whps.org            *
* Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco*
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *